The obvious answer is YES! (Would you be doing it if the answer was no?)
Your unique skills and experience will be adding enormous value to your business, your clients, their business, the economy and so on. You certainly do have a purpose!
- Supporting their next phase of business growth
- Introducing their business to a new audience
- Planning a new product/service launch and marketing campaign
- Restructuring their business model or organisation structure
Whatever you’re doing as a professional, it has relevance and brilliance that requires both your time and attention.
So, are you perhaps turning your attention to something with less meaning? Are you inadvertently misaligned with your purpose?
Whilst we don’t subscribe to the saying “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks”…
We do think that there is little point in you spending your time and attention trying to learn a new skill or area of the business.
Doing so only takes time away from the thing that you do which has real value.
A worthwhile exercise for you to try:
- Take a look at all the jobs you do within your busy on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work out what you like doing, what you’re good at, what takes too much time to do, and what is just NOT for you.
- Once you have a list of tasks, decide which ones you need support with NOW, and which ones you can hang onto.
On the face of it, it might look like outsourcing is a cost that you simply cannot afford right now. But, a recent study suggested that outsourcing can help companies reduce, on average, 15% of their costs* each month.
Perhaps look at it this way.
A task (or series of tasks) that currently costs you 20 hours of money earning client time, might take a professional only 3hrs to do.
Perhaps not as expensive as you thought.
But imagine what you could do with that time.
When you are doing the kind of work that aligns with your purpose, you are far more productive, joyful and focused on achieving your business goals, as well as building something exciting for the future.
At Time wise VA, we have over 30 years of relevant experience working within both big and small organisations. We offer flexible options to suit your business needs, and we’re confident that we can save you time, money and hassle when it comes to your bookkeeping.
Have you considered being more time wise?